Whew, it’s been a while. I’ve been racing to get Chickadee House done in time to celebrate our son’s first birthday. We made it with time to spare. This house did not require alot of demolition or rebuilds, mostly cosmetic fixes.
First major hurdle was getting the sprinkler system to function properly. At closing the previous owner made it a point that sprinkler was fixed and working 100%. Imagine my surprise and amusement when sprinkler was turned on and water sprayed every which way. Previous owner’s sprinkler repair company took our call and promised to come out and take a look. They never showed up to appointment and vanished in thin air. Needless to say we got another company to come out and fix their mistake, wait no…..totally did their job which they were paid to do. Major issue was a 5 inch root barreling through the main supply line. Sprinkler works great now.
We removed and replaced old laminate floor from living room and extended to bedrooms.
We replaced laminate counter top in kitchen and bathrooms with a light colored quartz.
We painted the back patio floor and added sofas, chairs and table with covered umbrellas.
A neutral coat of interior paint freshened the house to create a light open feel. Landscaping around the yard will be an ongoing project. We are settled in and loving our new home. On to finding the next flip.